UserPatch v1.4 RC for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion
This is a feature and bug-fix update for Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Its primary focus is to correct several long existing issues with the game, the AI system, compatibility, and related elements.
Features of UserPatch v1.4 RC
- Population caps have been extended up to 250, or optionally 1000.
- All available video resolutions, including HD and widescreen, are selectable.
- Choose either the standard widescreen interface or the centered style.
- Spectate any single player or multiplayer game live without lag for the players.
- Mirror player civilizations with the new Team Random civ option.
- Select a maximum age for advancement using the "Starting Age" dropdown.
- Each map script generates 4,294,967,296 unique maps from 32,768 in v1.0c.
- Single player mode now operates at 60fps instead of 20fps in v1.0c.
- Browse saved and recorded games from subfolders in your SaveGame folder.
- Check real-time achievement statistics while watching recorded games.
- With the new Relics victory condition, capturing the relics is an instant win.
- The patrol system responds like The Age of Kings with little to no delay.
- New Random button above game settings for new styles of play.
- Flares are now bold and render player colors on the mini-map display.
- New higher resolution 1:1 and 1:2 full map captures with "Ctrl+F12".
- Age advancement notifications are now shown in each player's color.
- Restored games can now be recorded in all game modes.
- The vote panel/serial sync bug has been fixed for multiplayer.
- New auto-save if a problem occurs to ensure that resuming is possible.
- Optional multiple building queue to auto-distribute unit training.
- Many bug fixes for the core game and improvements for the AI system.
- The installer will correct any color problems on Windows Vista and later.
Get UserPatch v1.4 (Release Candidate, Build 4230)
Note: this is subject to change, and compatibility is not guaranteed with the final release.
Learn more about UserPatch v1.4 (20150723-000000).
To fix the colors for various 256-color games, please see DirectDrawFix.